1. What if the weather turns bad? This is one of the reasons to have your phone number, if we cancel the tour we will able to contact you ahead of time so you can make other plans and not waste time on a maybe
Louisiana's average annual rain fall for our area is approximately 60 inches. The wettest month is July and the driest October.
If the rain is light and sporadic and guest are gun ho the tour will go out. If the rain is continuous or lightning in the area the tour will be canceled and any and all money refunded if you prepaid. Of course you may reschedule for later.
If the tour is underway and has to be canceled your tour charge will be: a. If you were out less than an hour no obligation. b. If you were out for 1 to 1 1/2 hours the charge will be 1/2 price. c. If you were out over 1 1/2 hours or more full price. 2. When is the best time for wildlife viewing? Best Time of Day? a. In colder months best if you schedule your tour late morning to early afternoon. b. In warmer months best if you schedule 1st tour of the day or late afternoon. Best Time of Year? a. Mid March through May b. Mid October through December
3. Will we see alligators? If the weather cooperates yes you will see alligators. The area we tour through has a healthy population of alligators we do not feed alligators or keep little ones in a bucket
Generally early to late spring and late fall to early winter are best mid to late summer and mid to late winter bad during the week is generally better than weekends due to increased boat traffic on weekends
4. Are there age restrictions? No
5. Are life jackets provided? Yes
6. Are dogs allowed? Personal assist dogs are definitely allowed
Pet Dogs are allowed if the: a. tour is a private group tour b. dog is people friendly and everyone scheduled for the tour agrees
7. How should I dress? Dress is casual and appropriate for the weather Temperatures on the water tend to be little cooler than on land
8. Are food and beverages allowed? Food and beverages are allowed as long as all containers are removed from the boat at end of tour there are no restrooms on the boat
9. Is alcohol allowed? If the tour is a private tour alcohol is allowed if the tour is not private no alcohol allowed also remember no restrooms on boat